Our second “Weird Soup” was Norwegian Fruit Soup.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package unsweetened frozen raspberries
- Simmer water with rice and cinnamon for 20 minutes. Set the rice aside, reserve the water. Return the water to the stove, and add the apple; simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cherries and raspberries, then bring to a boil before removing from the heat. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes before refrigerating. Serve cold, on top of cinnamon rice.