From our gluten-free pizza night on February 10th…
- Prepare the gluten-free rice crust or gluten-free doughy crust.
- Spread on the pesto and tomato-eggplant sauce.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Garnish with various toppings.
- Bake it in the oven.
Rice Pizza Crust
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place water and rice in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together cooked rice, beaten egg, and mozzarella cheese. Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased pizza pan or baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until set. Remove crust from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Top with sauces, cheese, and sliced vegetables, and bake until toppings are done.
Pesto Sauce: Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor.
- 1 bunch basil, washed and with the leaves separated from the stems.
- 4 cloves garlic.
- 1/2 -1 cup parmesan cheese.
- 1/8 – ¼ cup olive oil.
Tomato Eggplant Sauce: sauté all the ingredients in a pan on the stove.
- 2 Tbs olive oil.
- 1 can diced tomatoes.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- Dried herbs: basil, thyme, oregano.
- Sliced onion.
- Sliced peppers.
- Sliced mushrooms.