Ginger Sweet Potato Quiche & Chamomile Biscotti
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbs honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs grated orange zest
- 1 Tbs strong brewed chamomile tea
- ½ to 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs strong brewed chamomile tea (hot)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in a bowl. Whisk in honey, vanilla, orange zest, and tea.
- Fold in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until mixture is consistent.
- Divide batter in half and roll into logs (3” wide, ¾” high) on a floured surface. Place logs on parchment paper on a cookie sheet, a couple inches apart, and bake at 350’F for 35 minutes.
- After allowing logs to cool for 10 minutes, slice diagonally into ½” cookies. Separate them slightly. Cook for 15 minutes at 325’F, flipping after 7 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for several minutes. Whisk together tea and sugar in a bowl and drizzle over cookies.
Modified form: http://www.teachef.com/view_recipe.html?recipe=212
Ginger Sweet Potato Quiche
- 2/3 cup ginger tea
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 eggs
- ¾ to 1 cup peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ white/Vidalia onion
- 1/3 to ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Pie shell
- Roast sweet potato at 450’F until soft. When cool, peel and cube.
- Blend tea, sweet potato, yogurt, and eggs together in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat canola oil in a pan and sautee onion and mushrooms until soft. Add peas, and stir into sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 450’F for 45 minutes or until set.
Modified from: http://cookingwithtea.tumblr.com/